How to avoid plumbing problems during the winter The winter season can be tough for…
WHY MAINTAIN YOUR ELECTRIC WATER HEATER?
It is better to have your water heater serviced. So, read the article: Why you should maintain your electric water heater?
It is difficult to assess the consumption of a hot water tank without a measuring device. However, the consumption of the water heater varies depending on:
- the tank capacity
- the thermostat setting
- the fouling state of the electrical resistance linked to lime.
WHAT SHOULD YOU KNOW ABOUT A WATER HEATER MAINTENANCE?
The water heaters are available in thermodynamic and solar versions. Their lifespan varies depending on the model and depends on their maintenance. A thermodynamic water heater has a lifespan of 15 years if properly maintained. In the case of a solar device, the longevity can be up to 20 years.
Each year, your electric water heater must also be drained. This process aims to remove deposits and sediments that may end up in the appliance and that affect its heating capacity. Remember that it is advisable to operate the drain valve on the safety group to let the scale particles pass through. This operation is to be carried out every month.
The scale is deposited on the tank, but also on the resistance of your cumulus cloud. This is why regular maintenance keeps the electrical resistance in good condition.
STEPS IN MAINTAINING AN ELECTRIC HOT WATER TANK
When we talk about maintenance, it is about descaling the water heater. It is to be done when you have an electric or thermodynamic water heater installation.
The steps for descaling an electric water heater:
- shut off the water supply
- to purge the tank, open a water tap and turn the safety group valve so that the water flows
- depending on the capacity of the water heater tank, the purge may take longer or shorter
- disconnect the thermostat from the electrical wires
- remove the plate allowing access to the tank
- provide a basin and towels
- pass a cloth through the balloon to remove the lime scale and a steel brush on the resistance. If you are descaling the cumulus for the first time and it is over 8 years old, we advise you to leave the lime on the tank and only clean the resistance, because depending on the aggressiveness of the water tank may puncture following descaling.
- Put everything back together and put under pressure
If you can’t maintain your electric water heater, you can request a maintenance for your water heater from a heating plumber in Philadelphia.
GAS WATER HEATER – 24 HR PLUMBING MAINTANANCE
Is it compulsory to maintain a gas water heater? Yes, just like a low temperature boiler or a condensing boiler or any type of heating, the gas water heater must have annual maintenance carried out by a professional.
CHOOSING THE RIGHT EMERGENCY FOR HEATING SERVICES
Are you having problems with your water heater and looking for a reliable professional? Keep in touch with heating professionals and individuals to find a heating technician near you.
Why call on a professional who operates near you? Quite simply to benefit from a fast emergency, enough to avoid the problems of waste, overconsumption of energy and discomfort.
Whenever you need “24-hour emergency plumbers near me” you are free to call us! We guarantee you 100% satisfaction on all work carried out from the Plumbers in Philadelphia. They are fully qualified and licensed technicians with high experience.